Thursday, January 25, 2007

25 Jan 07 A friendly Encounter. (Backdated)

Was doing my morning round this morning near the pond area when I met this nice old Eurasian gentleman who waves up to me to go over.

When I go up to him, he offered politely to me to sit with him and to chat with him for awhile. It was raining lightly then. Haha… The gentleman introduced himself as Mr Clarke and we exchanged handshakes.

Through our conversation I got to know that he and his wife just downgraded from their bigger condo to stay in this current smaller condo as their daughter had went to live in Australia with her new family. They would have very much wanted to go join her if it wasn’t for their elderly in-laws whom they felt obliged to take care since there is no one else to do the job. Since he’s retired, to kill time, Mr Clarke teaches hockey in a local school.

To my surprise also, Mr Clarke is also one of the closer friends of our security firm boss, Mr William Morton. He kept singing praises of Mr Morton of how good and kind he is and a good baker he is as well. I guess there’s lots of friendly giants walking on the earth afterall.

However, good people doesn’t always get rewarded. I know because I felt so. Why I say so? For Mr Morton, I heard from Mr Clarke that he lost his son in a terrible car accident 3 years ago! The son had in fact just graduated from Australia and had returned and Mr Morton had even intended to help his son set up a small cafĂ© or restaurant knowing it’s his passion. My gosh!! The accident must have been a great blow to him! I really empathize him and knew how he must have suffered due to the lost of loved one.


A Lonely Father.

No comments: