20 Jan 07 First Night at Work. (Backdated)
Tonight is my first night at work as Assistant Security Supervisor working in Edelweiss Park condominium. It’s a 12 hrs shift job from 8 pm to 8 am the next day everyday and I’m being paid $1500 per month! Thou the pay isn’t much, but will still do for now until I could find something better.
Well, can’t complaint too much thou. At least, I’ll be able to pay my bank’s debts with the salary that I earn. Anyway, back to reality, I was stationed at the main guard house being my first night there and I have to pick up quickly from my I/C Arjan, an ex-prison warrant. I picked up fast! Keke.. cos there weren’t anything for me to learn anyway. Haha… And since I’m new, I dared not slack on the job and thus was keeping myself awake the whole night by either going through the procedures or by standing guard at the gate entrance while my new colleagues takes their.. erm ‘rest’. Hee hee hee.
Apparently, all the guards there had a sad pass of their own. I was fortunated to get to know Salleh, Bradson and Arthur on my first night at work. Salleh and Arthur were both old timers and well into their retirements I suppose. And they reminded me of the 2 old crazy threate’s folks from the Jim Henry’s Puppet Show! Hahaha! But their personalities differs of course, only their looks resembles. Keke… lol.
To intro further, Salleh is a gentle old man who moves and talks in a slow carefree manners with no worries of his own. My only problem with him is that I find it tough to understand what he is trying to say to me due to his strong malay essence. I have to keeping asking him to repeat himself. Haha…
Now, Arthur! He din leave much of an good impression on me cos he was very late reporting to work that night, coming in only around 9 plus close to 10 pm. And he seen drunk too… I came to understand later that he had to take up 2 jobs, i.e. one day shift and one night shift! Holy shit! That means he works 24 hrs non-stop?!?! Everyday?!?! No shit! No wonder he’s often late and tired out!! Arjan was very kind to let Arthur rest at one of the store room but he din woke until the next day loh… Tsh tsh tsh…
Finally, Bradson! This dude is a very interesting character. 30 years old male and has a very outspoken personality!! On first night, he can approach me and talk talk talk for hours!!! Again, he reminded me of the Stephen Chow’s ‘Journey to the West’ movie where the monkey god was complain how a nag his master was… as irritating as a fly… just keep buzzing around the ears! Wahahaha. I had the exact feeling that night! But I was too kind to not tell him off and thus let my ears suffered for long hour listening to his talking while my mind wondered off to wonderland. No wonder the rest all ignored him and avoid him. Keke… lol.
To end this, I worked or should I say, stayed awake for 1`2 hours that night. And the last hour was the worst to endure as it would appear especially very long and time would seen very slow and almost coming to a stop. I can’t help feeling a little daze and almost doze off and falling off the chair a couple of times. Heez. I even went for a jog after reaching home! I did a few set of weight training after that but was so tired that I din realized that I had actually fallen asleep while still holhing on to the dumbbell! Silly me! Lol!
But if you ask me if I like the job? Hmm… my reply would be… Yup! I do! Who am I? I’m the new nightshift security officer! My mission is to serve and to protect!! (This is when everyone will stood up and salute, and the national anthem being played for my nobility!!! Wahaha!)
Well, can’t complaint too much thou. At least, I’ll be able to pay my bank’s debts with the salary that I earn. Anyway, back to reality, I was stationed at the main guard house being my first night there and I have to pick up quickly from my I/C Arjan, an ex-prison warrant. I picked up fast! Keke.. cos there weren’t anything for me to learn anyway. Haha… And since I’m new, I dared not slack on the job and thus was keeping myself awake the whole night by either going through the procedures or by standing guard at the gate entrance while my new colleagues takes their.. erm ‘rest’. Hee hee hee.
Apparently, all the guards there had a sad pass of their own. I was fortunated to get to know Salleh, Bradson and Arthur on my first night at work. Salleh and Arthur were both old timers and well into their retirements I suppose. And they reminded me of the 2 old crazy threate’s folks from the Jim Henry’s Puppet Show! Hahaha! But their personalities differs of course, only their looks resembles. Keke… lol.
To intro further, Salleh is a gentle old man who moves and talks in a slow carefree manners with no worries of his own. My only problem with him is that I find it tough to understand what he is trying to say to me due to his strong malay essence. I have to keeping asking him to repeat himself. Haha…
Now, Arthur! He din leave much of an good impression on me cos he was very late reporting to work that night, coming in only around 9 plus close to 10 pm. And he seen drunk too… I came to understand later that he had to take up 2 jobs, i.e. one day shift and one night shift! Holy shit! That means he works 24 hrs non-stop?!?! Everyday?!?! No shit! No wonder he’s often late and tired out!! Arjan was very kind to let Arthur rest at one of the store room but he din woke until the next day loh… Tsh tsh tsh…
Finally, Bradson! This dude is a very interesting character. 30 years old male and has a very outspoken personality!! On first night, he can approach me and talk talk talk for hours!!! Again, he reminded me of the Stephen Chow’s ‘Journey to the West’ movie where the monkey god was complain how a nag his master was… as irritating as a fly… just keep buzzing around the ears! Wahahaha. I had the exact feeling that night! But I was too kind to not tell him off and thus let my ears suffered for long hour listening to his talking while my mind wondered off to wonderland. No wonder the rest all ignored him and avoid him. Keke… lol.
To end this, I worked or should I say, stayed awake for 1`2 hours that night. And the last hour was the worst to endure as it would appear especially very long and time would seen very slow and almost coming to a stop. I can’t help feeling a little daze and almost doze off and falling off the chair a couple of times. Heez. I even went for a jog after reaching home! I did a few set of weight training after that but was so tired that I din realized that I had actually fallen asleep while still holhing on to the dumbbell! Silly me! Lol!
But if you ask me if I like the job? Hmm… my reply would be… Yup! I do! Who am I? I’m the new nightshift security officer! My mission is to serve and to protect!! (This is when everyone will stood up and salute, and the national anthem being played for my nobility!!! Wahaha!)


No comments:
Post a Comment